Why Family and Friends are the Most Difficult to Hypnotize!
Question: I’ve been having difficulty getting people to practice on… I finally convinced my wife to let me practice on her and it didn’t seem to work very well and she didn’t really take it seriously. It’s beginning to affect my confidence. Do you have any suggestions how I can get enough practice before I actually start charging?
WATCH VIDEO TRAINING HERE
I’d like to address a question we just got in the office recently by a new Home Study Course graduate.
Question: I’ve been having difficulty getting people to practice on…
I finally convinced my wife to let me practice on her and it didn’t seem to work very well and she didn’t really take it seriously. It’s beginning to affect my confidence. Do you have any suggestions how I can get enough practice before I actually start charging?
Family and friends are the most difficult clients you’ll ever have
They know you as you, not a hypnotherapist.
Laughing is a fear based reaction due to not understanding hypnosis.
They’re afraid of what might happen and if you can handle any problems that may arise
- Will they get stuck?
- Will they tell you any deep dark secrets?
- Will they cluck like a chicken?
They didn’t come to you with a problem they need help with – no Desire
They didn’t pay you and you’re doing it for free most likely – not vested
They don’t see you as a professional yet – no belief
The purpose of practicing is to ensure that you do it right.
- Go slow enough and pause between sentences
- Don’t sound too nervous or confused
- Don’t rattle the sheets you’re reading when swapping etc.
- In other words to ensure you sound professional.
When you ask someone to volunteer for you to practice on:
Tell them you only want them to relax and listen to the session to make sure you sound good and get their feedback afterwards.
- That takes away any pressure and fear they may have.
- With no fear they may just let go and be hypnotized as well.
- Either way, it doesn’t matter.
- You just need their feedback.
If you can’t find anyone to practice on then:
- Record your session and play it back to yourself while relaxing to check it out for yourself.
- Compare it with our sample sessions to see how yours sounds.
After two or three practice sessions, if you feel you sound professional you can practice on real, paying clients.
Real clients have desire, belief and are vested. They look at you as the professional and not a buddy or husband so half the battle is over.
After your first paying client you’ll feel very confident and do better and better each time.
So get out there and do it!
Thanks for visiting and have a great day!
- Hypnosis Certification Home Study Course – You can be a Professional Hypnotherapist in one week and begin earning an above average income in the next! See our free information and get started today!
- AIA Association Benefits – Are you an Entrepreneur, self-employed, a mental health or hypnosis practitioner? The AIA accepts professionals from all fields who are interested in self-help and helping others. Get thousands of dollars worth of benefits for less than the cost of a cup of coffee a day. Check it out for yourself.
- Free Hypnosis Manual – Learn Hypnosis Free – Get our FREE 446 page Clinical Hypnosis Manual. You can help others by sharing the link with your fiends and loved ones.
- Free Hypnosis Scripts – Free hypnosis scripts are available to you at our Script Page and many more on this Blog. Do a search for Free Hypnosis Scripts in the search bar to find them.
We always love to hear from you: Comment below: